Tuesday

Starving Crazed Weasels League March Edition

This one was a rough one. It got started pretty late...not a huge deal...and there were a lot of extraneous things going on such as Robin struggling with leg issues. Also, Phillip kind of surprised me with a donation of his chips to someone else...something that is prohibited. I did not know what was going on until the transaction was completed or I would have stopped it because, while I get and commend the thought...it is not fair to other players who might finish ahead of the donatee and subsequently finish behind. Also, Pete played a few of Robin's hands, another thing that I should have been on top of and wasn't. So the fault lies with me and of course that is what really bothers me. I should have been more on top of things.

Be that as it may, it was still fun. I played horribly. With calling stations and newbies abounding I knew going in that certain plays would be ineffective...raising to represent a straight when someone does not know what a straight is means nothing. Check raises? They won't understand it means "I have a super strong hand".

I knew to play nothing but the premium hands...and didn't. I kept thinking "Oh, I will just limp in and outplay them." knowing they knew little. Uh...dude, they know little. They are just going to call it down to the river. You can't outplay that...they, in fact, badly outplayed me. They played better than most of us.

As a result I got myself short stacked and never really gave myself an opportunity. And it wasn't that I was card-dead...I was card impatient. Had I waited they would have come. Both times I had premium hands (pocket queens 2 out of 3 hands) I got paid off rather well. Too bad I had squandered my stack by that point...

As it was, it was very nice to see mostly fresh faces at the top as Phillip, Stanica, Kevin and Emily were the top 4. Hopefully next month will see some of the other newer players up there as well...though next time I will be patient and let the game come to me, I will call more and raise less and see what happens.

No comments: