Tuesday

Dr. Feelgoods, 3/26

Large turnout for Feelgoods, I think 3 full tables. Except ours did not stay full for long...before the first circuit 2 people had busted out. We were busting people out so fast the blinds hit about every 3 or 4 hands instead of 8 or 9 hands. When you are getting the cards this is good. When you aren't...well...you are in trouble. I picked up my first premium hand (A/Q) after about 40 minutes. I played it book-proper, raising it up...and out of 4 other people, 3 called. The flop was rags, UTG came out firing and there was a caller so I folded. Sure enough someone had a straight. A while later, down to about half my original stack due to just the blinds and that hand I picked up pocket 9s. Raised it...3 callers. Flop had 2 overs. I raised, they both came over the top. Fold.

Blinds, blinds, blinds. In BB the one time nobody raised I had A/5 suited. Ended up winning that hand...sort of. Split pot. So the first hand I won was a split pot. Basically got blinded to where I had 800 chips left, pocket 8s,best chance, went all in. On the river an Ace put me out of my misery.

Quick analysis; all night I was right on with my reads. I knew the guy hit his queen and something else on the board, he had 2 pair. I read when the big stack hit his straight. I knew the chick hit her Ace on my last hand. But when you get no cards, it does no good to get the right reads.

Was leaving when a coworker arrived. Played the consolation table with him. One hand there were three of us at the showdown and the board had its own straight so we split the pot. That was the only other hand I won all night. Bad, bad night for the cards although I am not displeased with my play. Sometimes you just get nothing.

No comments: