Wednesday

Dr. Feelgood's., 3/5

For some reason I never do well the first time I play at a new place. Would the streak continue?

I am going to go with "yes". I was so card dead that I played a Q/6 suited into a raise because it looked like a good hand by that point. I tried a couple raise/check raise maneuvers but nobody was buying it. Went all in with A/7 suited because I was almost blinded out despite only playing about 3 hands. Got rivered. Played terribly, won zero hands, finished 9th.

Actually, I did not play terribly except 1 hand: BB, 7/9 suited, got in cheap. Flop gave me a 9 and someone a backdoor straight and/or flush draw. Checks all around on the turn. On the river another 9 but there are both straight and flush draws with it. I bet 500. Florin comes over the top all-in. I have seen him play and he does not bluff much. That means he has the straight or flush and the only think I put him on is something that will beat me so I fold the trips. Turned out he had 2 pair and he outplayed me. But that one hand was costly. Almost 1000 chips of my 3K total.

No comments: