Wednesday

Mixers, 3/6/07

I was sort of on tilt from events at work. So I thought it would be a good time to work through it. Well...it was hard. I was pretty card dead again. I tried a couple moves but too many maniacs...any time I raised they would go all-in. I had marginal hands for that. Finally I made a stand, went all in when I picked up a King on the river and doubled up through a guy with only a pair of queens. Fold, fold, fold. Final table.

Yes, having won exactly one hand (and played maybe two or three) I reached the final table...and with more chips than I started with. But I was still short stack. Not that it mattered...two larger stacks got involved in a big hand and by fold, fold, check/folding a couple hands I moved up to 7th despite having seen no hand better than J/6. Yes, I had three straight hands with jacks..j/4, j/6, j/3. fold, fold, fold. People were going to 4 times the big blind about every time. Once I called with the J/6 and the guy to my left went all in. Whatever. Grr.

Finally I picked up A/K off. I went all in. Guy to my left came over the top, also all-in and Dee called us both. We flipped them up. I was in the lead, Dee had A/10 off and he had Q/J off. I was 4-1 to triple up into being a real threat. The flop came with 3 spades to match my ace and a queen for the guy to my left. But no more spades came, nor did any aces so I was done.

Yes, I finished 7th by winning ONE smurfing hand. On the bright side...I got my money in with a big lead. On the dark side...I lost. Oh, well.

No comments: