Monday

Home Turf, 3/17

With Em out of town I went ahead and played on a Saturday. Mark and his wife came along, so that was cool. The three of us sat at the same table. We also had Linda, Torman, Tom, and a couple people I did not know.

I followed table protocol and did a lot of limping with a few raises mixed in. My A/K hearts got cracked and I folded on the flop to a raise but my cowboys raked in a nice pot. I never got about 6000 but never got below 2K either. Took Linda for a nice ride when I had the nut flush but could not get her off a hand when I had top 2 pair and an ace kicker and her nice raise on the end told me she hit her flush.

Got to the final table, had slightly over 5 times the big blind but smoke was in my eyes so on the second hand I went all-in. Turned out to have A/7 when I looked at my cards and was against a 9/10 off and K/rag. King paired, 9/10 hit the straight. I finished in 7th.

No comments: