Wednesday

Mixers, 3/13/07

Talked a bit with Mark about my flameouts. I often have a huge chip stack but blead it all away. He rightfully pointed out I should slow down with the big stack, wait for the premium hands. So that was my plan.

Slight hitch; I could never really get rolling. We started with 3000 and after quite some time the most I had achieved was about 5K. Most of the time I was down around 2K or less. We had rolling hotness. My best hand I laid down for no apparent reason with 2 Aces on the board. Good lay-down, Eric had trips.

Later I got back up, went all-in against Linda for her last 750 chips...and she rivered me. No bog deal.

A couple hands later I was in the big blind. She doubled the blind from the small blind. I looked at 2/7 off...and decided to call. 3 people to the flop, I flopped 2 pair, raised, couple callers, checked the turn, check-called the river...and won with my 2 pair. It was good for a laugh.

Later I tripled up when all-in and finally got around 11K, still not enough to be a factor at the final table.

By grinding I got to where I was battling to finish 4th instead of 5th. Could not come up with a hand worthy of stealing the blinds even if chip-monster Josh had not been raising every pot to 3K when I only had about 5. Missed my chance when short-stack went all in and it would have been heads up. I had no pair and folded. Would have been a 52-48 lead (he showed) but could have been my best chance to get chips. Went all-in with 2 people ahead of me already raised more than I had, but a Q/J suited with 2 BB left might triple me up. It didn't, I was out in 5th.

Did not play super well but not super poor, either. Need to find ways to gain chips when the cards don't come (the pocket queens triple up was my hand of the night by far.)

No comments: