Wednesday

Home Turf, 2/3

Came out firing on all cylinders. Of course, when you pick up pocket kings then pocket 10s (and hit a straight) it is easy to do. Later in the run played a 6/8 from the big blind and broke a guy playing the 5 high straight. Finally picked up pocket aces...and when 2 more flopped I had my best hand ever.

Also, I picked up a read on an older guy. When he looks at his cards he tends to look longer when it is "big" and I figured out he had A/rag, either a 3 or 4. It was a 4.

Florin and I got involved in a hand at a table I was not enjoying playing at. I knew he had me beat. I actually figured he had trip 5's but he had pocket rockets. On the bright side, I knew without a doubt he had me beat. On the dark side I missed by what. Either way I was ready to go so I paid him almost half my remaining chips. Then I went all-in with q/10, picked up two callers...and they went all-in with pocket 7s and pocket 8s. they both had me covered but I still tripled up when I spiked a queen on the river. Still in 9th, the guy who lost that went all in next hand and lost so I was in the money.

Before we could collapse to the final table, three people at the other table busted out on one hand. I went from deliberately trying to bust out "on the bubble" in 9th place to 5th place just because people were too aggressive. hahahahahahaha.

Well, that completes a very up & down week with a 5th, a teens, a 4th, and a 5th. The points are enough to put me in 7th place overall (out of close to 200 people). Woo-hoo!

No comments: