Saturday

Rcquetball Chronicles

Played a new guy thursday. Will call him German.

Very friendly, nice guy, had not played for a while but you could tell he knew what he was doing. Had a nice touch, better than me at kill and pinch shots. Even had a really solid serve. Very unique style, did a lot of three wall shots.

But I was faster and just plain got to more balls. Playing someone as good as he was made me really step up, so my shotmaking improved.

Sadly, we only got 45 - 50 minutes of play in before he ran out of gas. 3 of the four games were competitive as we were tied at 1, 12 and 13. 4th and final game was a squash. Lot of fun, hope to play him again.

Thing about it is...I am pretty confident now when I play someone new. I know my skills are good enough that I am odds on favorite to win most of the games because, while I have never played a really top flight player, I have seen nobody at either club whom I cannot compete with. So that is pretty cool.

No comments: