Wednesday

Racquetball Chronicles

Knowing TA tends to play a slow place and tire easily, I tried to set up some cut throat with him and German. It was a fortuitous match-up.

We all three get along well, have similar overall skill sets and it was fun.

On the downside, I discovered my beloved red and black racket...i left it the previous time and instead of turning it in, someone stole it. This makes me very sad.

We played three games. I feel I should have done better in the second game, but in the end I won two of the three. Then German had to leave so TA and I played a couple games.

First game I was up 8-2 and then something happened. My serve was off just a bit, I could not pass him, could not hit a kill shot. Still I took a 13-12 lead but then gave up 4 straight points.

Game two was back and forth until about 8-6, then I ran off the rest of the points.

Then we played two more games of cutthroat with a guy who has nice touch and plays good position. I kind of felt like there were a lot of shots that I let go thinking TA would get to but he did not go after them. As a result, Ted had some big runs and won both by big scores...I scored I think 7 & 10 while TA had I think 2 and 1.

Then tonight I played 25. My legs were tired going in so I played mostly positional. We played 9 games. I won them all. In only 1 did he break 10, and in only 2 did he break 6. It was a domination. But it was fun...several good rallies, and I was hitting more successful kill and pinch shots.

No comments: