Wednesday

Racquetball Chronicles

I have to admit, when I first started these, I thought it would be much different. I thought I would be talking about flaws in my game, how to improve them, working towards being .500 or better, etc.

Instead, they actually feel pretty repetitive.

Tonight I was at the gym doing weights and playing basketball for 2 full hours before racquetball started. Once it did I was fighting fatigue, but now I have the skills to still do so.

My serve earns me lots of points, I use position and fundamentals to hit tough shots, I use strategy to win points, and I win. And win.

Even on a night like tonight where 25 was playing better than ever...he was getting to ball after ball after ball after ball...and serving better than he ever has before, I still have that extra level. I use more strategy to get to the right position, select the appropriate shot and, when necessary, use bursts of evnergy to win tough, hard-fought points.

Twice he took leads at 13-12. Twice I won 15-13. There were a couple 15-10 games and a couple blowouts. Fun time, great volleys, 8 games...no losses.

No comments: