Monday

How You Doin'

1 pitch tournament. I almost did not go. But they were going to be short-handed so I went. 1 pitch tournaments or tough because you HAVE to hit whatever is heaved towards you. If it is a good pitch, great. But if it is bounding along the ground...still your one shot at it. Fortunately, I am a trash ball hitter. Unfortunately, I was having vision issues.

We were up first and it was not a good pitch to hit but I connected very well. Too well. Flew out to deep left center. Much deeper than I usually hit it as I like the Wee Willie Keeler "Hit 'em where they ain't" philosophy better than the hit it far type.

Defensively our team was on it for the first 5 innings. Ther was only one play I didn't make...a girl grounded softly to my right. I picked it clean but had to double clutch because the pitcher was in my throwing lane. With the double clutch my throw ended up being a step late and she beat it. Otherwise I made every play I should.

My other at bats were pretty good; took a chest high outside pitch to right for a clean double, singled back up the middle the other two times.

We had a big lead but gave it all back in the last 2 innings. going from 7-2 lead to a 9-8 loss.

It was fun but I felt horrible so we got a couple more guys and I went home. Good times.

No comments: