Friday

King City 3/21/15

After breakfast with the wife I snuck over to King City for a quick round. By which I meant another slow round. You probably know how I played already...

I did hit the fairway with my first tee shot, and was maybe 140 from the green. Unfortunately, after 2 I was still 20 from the green and my chip stunk. A 3-putt meant a 50.

The long Par 3 was a pleasant surprise as I hit green in regulation. Also surprising was the second consecutive 3-putt. This round is not starting well, a bogey after a GIR.

Then I lose a ball left out of bounds. Too bad because my follow up is dead center fairway, pitch onto green, 2 putt. So a double. Okay, we have +1, +2, +3 covered...lets try a par?

Or I could take 4 shots to get on the green and 1-putt for another double.

Then the par 3 playing 143 yards. Just short of the green off the tee, longish putt after a weak chip, 2-putt for bogey. I am laying 25 after 5. I am NOT playing well.

Worse, I have my bugaboo hole. I blast my driver, it just hits the top of the tree and gets knocked down for a 110 yard drive. I then get close to the green, but blast the chip long, barely hanging to the back edge leaving a sidehill downhill putt. 3 putts later I have another double.

Out comes the driver on the par 5. I hit it well and am maybe 140 from the green after my drive. I land on the left front of the green. I reached a par 5 in 2. Yes, a short, 352 yard par five...but I reached in two. I left the eagle putt about a foot short but tap in for birdie.

Forget the doubles and triple, I have had a good round.

I then blast the drive inside of 60 yards but blow the first chip, leave a makeable putt I miss and take a bogey.

My final drive is a bit right but long, leaving a nice 40 yard shot at the green. I get on the center, 2-putt to finish with a par and a 44.

20 putts for the round, 2 fairways in regulation, 1 green in regulation, one green in less than regulation.

I will take it. I am not a good golfer, so 1 shot worse than bogey with a birdie to my credit? Sounds good to me.

No comments: