Tuesday

Mixers, 5/10

It has been a while since it happened so I have forgotten a lot. I was playing the aggressive pseudo-doker...any premium hand, any connectors, suited or not...and away we went. Early on I was not hitting much but I hit a couple straights, a couple flushes and boom, I had a boatload of chips. Finaly table got down to Roman, Leti and I. Twice I raised with something like A/10 suited, Leti came over the top all-in and I folded. Both times they ran it and I would have put her out. But I didn't...and didn't. I did put Roman out 3rd and then I took second.

We then played a 7 person consolation game...some "consolation"...the top 3 finishers, a guy who went out about 9th (and a really, really annoying guy at that!) and 2 people who had not played at all that night...

I folded the first 2 or 3 hands, then limped with everyone else from the small blind with 2/5 off. The flop came 5,5,2. I checked my full house. A couple more checks, a raise of 200 (at the consolation table you only start with 1000 chips so that is a significant raise), a call, and I re-raised to 400. A couple folds, the caller raised all in. It was the guy I don't like. I called. He flipped up a K/4 of diamonds...he had a backdoor flush draw that was meaningless...anything but runner runner 9s or kings and he was dead.

Got down to final 2 and I completely misread a hand, thought my opponent missed the flush when he in fact hit a higher flush. I gave him a bunch of extra chips because I thought he just wanted to match up to see if he was alive...so instead of having still plenty of chips I was all but out so I just went all in every hand until he called and I was out in 2nd.

No comments: