Tuesday

Dr. Feelgoods, 5/7/07

Smaller turnout, I think 12 people was all. It was a limp-fest for the most part, but I only limped hands I would have played anyway. I first raised pocket queens and further raises on turn and river drove everyone out. My second raise was pocket 10s. Dee was a huge chip leader at the time. Flop was all rags...but possible straight draw. She checked, I raised. Turn was a blank, she checked, I raised. River was a 4, thus completing a possible straight. She checked and I checked behind her. She said, "Why did you check?" I said "Because you just hit your straight and werecoming over the top all in." I saw by her smile that I was right and sure enough she flipped up the A/3. I had her until the river.
Never got over about 5000 all night long but stuck in until 3rd, winning a hand here and there. Finally, with 1400 and blinds at 150/300 I went all in 3 handed with K/9 suited. Mickey called with A/3 off. I hit my 9 on the flop...but she hit her Ace at the same time and I was done.

Overall I played well, decent reads on everyone and no chasing. Just did not have the cards to compete.

No comments: