Tuesday

Lydias, 5/21

Just 13 people. I determined to play tight, only enter for a raise. Of course, things often don't work the way you would like.

For example, the first few hands I folded and everyone else limped. On my blind I had horrid cards and someone raised to 400. I folded. The first hand I was going to play was pocket deuces. However, before it got to me I saw something in the way one guy acted that let me know he had a big hand. He limped anyway...but another guy raised. Suspecting the first guy was coming over the top I folded. He just called. Flop had an Ace and a Deuce. The first 2 guys got in a raising war and got it all int. First guy had pocket Aces...so my set was no good.

Finally I got to where the blinds were coming so fast I played a couple connectors, some suited, some not. I went ahead and limped since multiple people called every raise and every hand went to the river, being shown down over and over. Twice I hit 2 pair but both times someone else had a higher 2 pair. The one hand I would have won had I stayed I would have had a K/2...and paired my King. Hardly inspiring. Not worth playing.

Finally I got to 1275 and figured once I got even a lowly pair I was going all-in. In the big blind I picked up Q/6 of spades. Flop came A/9/rag of Spades...I had flopped the flush and only someone holding the King/rag of Spades was ahead at that point. Lady to my right raised 300. A couple people were behind me so I decided to let her do the betting for me. They all folded. Turn was a blank. She wanted to raise me all-in, then thought better of it...back and forth she went. Finally she did. Of course I called in a hurry...had she not, I would have raised it to there anyway. She had trip 9s. I was ahead...until the river paired the Ace on the board, giving her a boat and me the door without having won a hand.

No comments: