Wednesday

Mixers, 4/24/07

Extremely light attendance...only 12 people. Oh,well, I like my table, let's see what happens.

The first hand I have A/rag and am bb. I am neither committed to playing "real" poker nor to doker...I just want to play a bit. An Ace comes on the flop. I bet 200, Eric almost folds but then he calls. I know to get him off the hand all I have to do is ramp up my bet. Instead I value bet him to keep him in the pot on the turn and river and we end up splitting the pot. Oops.

Next hand I have A/10. I limp from the small. Again an ace hits but this time there are a couple rags. I value bet. Eric stays with me. I don't think he has the ace this time. I value bet him...until a 5 falls on the river. He hit his gutshot and won with a straight. I priced him in and it cost me. Twice I have soft played, twice it has cost me.

Now the guy to my right bumps it to 300 (6 times the blinds). I put him on A/K, KK, or AA. I have pocket 9s so I call, though I feel like I should raise. Flop comes A/K/J. I fold to his bet. He had A/K.

I then fold to his next raise and then pick up A/10 again. This time I call his raise. Flop comes A/rags. I bet 500. Eric comes over the top for another 5 and guy to my right calls. I fold. I would have split with them as they both had worse Aces. I read guy to my right as having Big Slick again.

Now I am getting low, about 1250 left and am BB again with J/5. Flop comes 10/3/10. Check around. Turn brings a Jack. Guy to my right bets 150. I figure he has me beat...so instead of wisely folding my 2 pair I go all-in. He calls with the 10 in is hand and I am done.

I played horribly, pricing people in when I shouldn't, letting them hit their draws without paying...I deserved to be the first one out. I was horrible.

No comments: