Monday

1/7/07 the worst beat I have ever had

Now, as a general rule, i don't really hold with the bad beat theory...I figure if your hand is vulnerable, it will get thumped. People with 2 pair that get hit by trips on the river...whatever. happens. a lot. Well, last night I almost changed my theory.
Sat down to play in a sit & go 10 player. Played very few hands because A) the cards were not coming and B) people were going all-in pre-flop like mad. After 6 hands I was in the money. Maniacs. Well, the 2 guys I was against were both a hair above 5000 chips and I was at slightly over 2. They went at it, I played a hand here and there, everything stayed about the same, for a while one of them would have the lead, then the other.Presently one of them thought he had a hand, went all in and then out because his hand was not quite good enough.
So I had just over 2000 chips and he had over 12000. I hit a couple hands, he doubled me up, got up to where we were both above 6500...I think he had maybe 7500 or something. Well, he turned slippery, anytime I bet into it he folded and vice versa so it stayed about the same for a while. Then I caught the pocket rockets. I had tried smooth calls, tried all-ins, tried a couple hundred...he would not call anything. I bet 1000 and to my surprise he called. The flop came A/K/K. Holy moley! I had the boat, Aces full of Kings. I bet another 2K...and he came over the top for another. I went all-in and he called.
There are exactly 3 ways to beat a full boat. 1, higher top card. I had the aces, that was out. A Royal Flush...but he would have had to been on a draw and no way was that happening. The only other way would be 4 of a kind. And sure enough...he had the cowboys. I busted out with a full boat, Aces up.

No comments: