Friday

King City 4/10/15 Round 20

After Camas Meadows I was anxious to see how I could do. Got joined by "Rich" on first hole. I promptly tried to justify yesterdays score and hooked the first ball left over the houses. But I HOOKED it. Not aimed left and hit it straight, I hooked it.

Then I sliced right and short. From 135ish out I hit a 9 iron straight and way wide of the green. Then i chipped over the green.On in 4, in in 6, plus 2 for being three off the tee. Starting with a snowman, a big number.

Still trying to play yesterdays game, I sliced short on the par three, ending up blocked by a tree. I tried to go under it with the 4 hybrid but was much too hard, going long. I did make a nice 3rd chip and 1-putted for a bogey. Not bad after the first 2 shots.

Then he topped his drive, going maybe 30 yards. I decided that was a good idea and went 20 yards. Then I tried again, overswung, and went maybe 20 more yards. Then I hit it right of the green. Took 4 shots to get on again, a 2 putt for a 6. 18 after three. On pace for an ugly 54.

On the 167 yard par 3 I hit my 6 iron 100 yards, albeit straight. I did get on with an 8 iron pitch, but way to the left of the green and flag was way right. I was short with the first and just missed pulling off a tough 2 putt, ending up with a 3-putt for a 5.

But finally I hit a good shot. The demon hole was nothing as I hit it dead center, 210 yards using my 4 hybrid. Unfortunately, I then flew the green by 15 yards, short-chipped back, bludgeoned a putter from deep in the rough and 1-putted for a 5.

After the drive I was thinking birdie, after the first chip a double so...yeah.

Then I hit my 4 hybrid decently but left, ending up behind a tree. I deliberately tried to amplify the draw to go around the tree and pulled it off, hitting from 200 out to the left fringe of the green. I then misread it horribly and was not close, but was on in regulation. It was a long putt and I missed by 4', but then hit that for a par.

I then let him talk me into trying the driver. I tried to play a draw and really crushed it, but there was no draw. I would have been about 280 but it was right and over the houses. I then hit the 4 hybrid 210ish down the left side, took my A wedge long, got it somewhat close, 2 putt for a 7.

Finally I tried the driver again but swung too hard. It was fairway left but short. From 150 out I flew the green by 10 yards, took 2 tries to get on the green, missed a makeable putt and finished with a 6.

Total of a 51.

I am on the verge of making progress. Not there yet.

No comments: