Sunday

Risk Legacy 12/13/14

Fullur, noticing this was 12/13/14, the last 'special date" like that to happen in our lifetimes, he thought that was as good an excuse as any to all get together and play some games. We brought a pile, probably had 25 or 30 different games with us.

Started out Fullur and I playing Doomtown while K-Pasa Man and Tim played some space game while the Bearded Wonder read up on something and we waited for Fixed Dice. He still was not there so we switched to Risk Legacy...and never left it, playing 4 games on the day.

Warning: If you are playing Risk Legacy, this post has MAJOR SPOILERS for deep into the game.

The first game I was last to draft. 10 troops were gone...Imperial Balkania was gone...something else. I took first placement, first turn. When it came back to me I took 2 coins. K-Pasa Man started in Australia. I started in Brazil, where I had founded a Major City previously. Fullur started in Eastern US where he had founded a major city. The Bearded Wonder started in India.

So early on it was obvious Fullur and I would be butting heads while K-Pasa Man and the Bearded Wonder would be going at it also. Here is where my nefarious plan came to evil fruition. With taking first turn, I turned in my 2 coins which enabled me to take South America and expand into the Fortified Central America with a strong force.

Fullur and I have dueled often and it has seldom turned out well for him...the dice turn on him at key moments, he fluffs easy wins, not through his own fault etc. So he took the city in Western America and started moving north.

It took K-Pasa Man a couple turns to get Australia under control while the Bearded Wonder expanded throughout Asia, hemming him in. With nobody contesting me I was able to start taking Africa.

It became a self-perpetuating event; Fullur headed north and then south into Europe, I took Africa, K-Pasa Man and the Bearded Wonder fought a war of attrition that favored K-Pasa Man and his 5 per turn over the 3 per turn Bearded Wonder got.

With my population advantage, soon I had both Africa and South America and it was a matter of time. Fullur was really strong but I completed a mission and was able to blast through the depleted Bearded Wonder and K-Pasa Man to take their home bases and win.

Next up: Perhaps the funnest game of Risk legacy I have ever played.

No comments: