Wednesday

1524 Racquetball Chrinicles XVI

Been sick for a few days. Slept all day Sat. Went to church Sunday morning, came home and slept all day. Went to work Monday morning, came home early and slept all day.

So tonight was determined to get some exercise. 4 days off in a row is more than enough. Hit the weights, doing high resps with low weights. Then played 25.

First game I crushed him. It always seems to take him a game to get rolling. 15-4 and then it was time for game two.

I was feeling sluggish, having a hard time reacting...but I was playing really good position racquetball which let me get to every ball.

In game two he was more aggressive, he was chasing down every ball. It was hard to score on him and it was a good game, about 15-10 or so. Game three was more of the same; his superior energy was keeping him in the game.

A couple of times he buckled down and tried some fast serves and he was scoring well, but then he would go back to the half-lob and I was just killing it. It gives me time to set up and I was thinking about my shot, aiming halfway between my position and the wall which led to return after return right down the line.

So I learned that shot tonight.

Game four ii was ahead like 6-0, 8-2 and started goofing around a bit. Then it got close and I got serious...and he stepped his game up. I took my last lead at 12-11 and he ran it out to pick up his first win of the night.

He played exceptionally well...I hit passing shot after passing shot I thought would end the point and he just kept getting to them. It was awesome.

Game 6 I was determined to win. he was still getting to about every shot but i was connecting on a few pinch shots. It was back and forth with more forth than back and I ended up with another win about 15-10.

Game 7 he took an 11-10 and 12-11 lead, then I scored three straight. He scored 2 back. 14-14, anybodies game.

He served a nice serve tight to the wall and I blistered a perfect return that was practically a roll out.

I put a nasty corner serve, he almost got it past me, I made him retreat, his passing shot was just a bit high and I caught him coming in with a perfect passing shot of my own to win the game. I earned that one.

The final game bookended the first; we were both gassed, but he was not getting to the ones he got to earlier and it was about 14-4 before he ran off three or four points to make it respectable.

All in all I learned that when i play position racquetball I am very effective but enoy it less...I love to run and hit the spectacular shot. Speaking of which, he emulated my running corner pinch shot once tonight...it was awesome, the shot of the night.

No comments: